The UPA Insurance Program is the best value available to service techs today. When you consider the huge liability limits, how few limits and exclusions there are in our policy, the history and stability of the program, the outstanding relationship we have with our insurer (Allianz), and the superior service we get from Sean Reardon and Wendy Franzka from Western Growers Insurance Services, all for $67 per month per member, it's very clear this program cannot be beat.
Commercial General Liability Coverage
All limits apply to each member
- Limits: $2,000,000/occurrence, $4,000,000 annual policy aggregate
- Includes a sublimit of $50,000 for on site pollution clean up
- Includes a sublimit of $25,000 for “acid washing” claims
- Deductible $500 per claim
* No coverage provided for any work done on diving boards or swimming pool slides.
Commercial Automobile Coverage
- $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury or property damage
- $1,000,000 on uninsured motorist
- $1,000,000 underinsured
- $5,000 on medical
- Comprehensive – $500 deductible
- Collision – $500 deductible
- $5,000 on inventory and equipment in the vehicle (excluding theft)
- $25,000 hazardous materials clean up coverage
Member and Employee Eligibility
UPA members with any person (such as employees, family members, friends, repair techs, vacation service techs, etc.) that are not under the direct supervision* of the insured member are not covered by the Allianz policy. You must see to it your employees have their own Allianz policy. Sean Reardon or Wendy Franzka can get you set up. One year experience servicing swimming pools is required, although individual chapters may ask for more experience. Contact a chapter near you for more details.
*Direct Supervision means they are working with you in your presence. Not the next house, not a phone call away.
Make Sure You Are Registered!
All members should make sure their chapter has a current roster with their name on it registered with Western Growers. A claim being filed by a member not registered with Western Growers will not be covered by Allianz. Check it out so you don’t get left in the cold. It’s happened.
New Members Certificates
You should receive your Insurance Certificate within 48 hours after Western Growers Insurance is notified by your chapter treasurer. If you do not receive your Insurance Certificate in a few days, call Wendy Franzka at Western Growers Insurance.
Additional Insured Certificates
Additional insured certs are as easy as a phone call. Call Wendy, and she will email them directly to your client that same day!
If you have accounts no longer on service and don't need additional insured certs sent out, please let Wendy know. It will save her and her crew a pile of unnecessary work.
Western Growers contact info
UPA Super Broker
UPA Senior Account Executive